Types of Membership
Active members are ranked based on their attendance to meetings and events. Different memberships have different benefits associated with them. The main purpose of these membership is to help officers determine eligibility for leadership positions and consideration for the national conference attendance.
- Platinum members attend at least one meeting a month in addition to two outside events each semester. If they cannot attend weekly meetings due to a conflict, they attend four outside events each semester.
- As a thank you for their dedication to SWE UML, platinum members receive first priority application status for the SWE National Conference, membership reimbursements, as well as complimentary SWE swag.
- Gold members attend half or more of the semester's SWE UML events. This includes both weekly meetings and outside events.
- Gold members are eligible to apply to attend the SWE National Conference. They also receive SWE swag such as padfolios and sunglasses.
- Silver members are on our mailing list and are up to date with on going events and planning. They occasionally attend meetings.
- If you are looking to add Society of Women Engineers to your resume, meet people in your major, and work with other women studying engineering at UML, then Silver membership is for you.